Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cooking in someone else's kitchen

What a great time to be a vegetarian. I've been on the road on the past couple of weeks - which explains why I haven't posted much...!!  But I have a great friend in Ottawa that lets me use her kitchen. Improvising meals with fresh ingredients and an unfamiliar cupboard is lots of fun!

I made sauteed king oyster mushrooms in a butter glaze, served with a side of Tofurky brats and pan roasted quinoa. I also got to try some marinated tofu not available in Montréal like a vindaloos tofu sauce and some Marsala faux chicken.

I'll be posting more in the coming days. By the way, there's the Expo Manger Sante this weekend! If you want to try new healthy foods, you must go.

And who doesn't love this weather??!!

1 comment:

cc said...

Hi Cassie!

Your (other) ottawa fan here! i wanted to send you a belated Congratulations on your engagement!