Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Green Door - Great Vegetarian Restaurant in Ottawa

I've been to this place several times now and felt this wonderful little jewel of a restaurant, nestled next to the best silver jewelry shop and health food store, deserved its own review.

The Green Door reminds me of Commensal's buffet by weight formula and offerings of salads, stews, curries, veggies and deserts. The similarities end there. The ambiance is eclectic, low key but dynamic. Cafeteria style dining, a la veg.

They offer a selection of juices, kombusha, healthy soft drinks, wine, sparkling water and the tea and coffee buffet would make anyone blush. They even have a pot of chai on the burner at all times.

My favorite main? The sweet potatoes & spinach, my second choice: the black eyed pea curry
My favorite desert? Hands down, the un-cheese cake made with cashew with berries coulis. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

If you are in the Ottawa region, go there. You won't regret it!


Coordinates:
The Green Door Restaurant
198 Main Street
Ottawa, ON K1S1C6
(613) 234-9597

4 comments:

cc said...

Hi Cassie,

I've been following your blog for a while now through RSS and wanted to let you know what a great job you are doing. I was surprised to see your post on the Green Door in Ottawa--which happens to be where i live.

Keep up the good work!

Cassie said...

Thanks! I come to Ottawa on a weekly basis for work so I'm always on the look out for great veg eats.

And many thanks for the kind words. It makes it very happy to know that someone's actually reading this blog! :) xoxo

sandy said...

check out The Table as well... if Green Door and The Table combined it would be awesome. I find the things that are awesome at Green Door are ok at the Table, but certain recipes at the Table (ie, vegetable lasagna) are better than the Green Door. Either way, both are delicious!

sandy said...

check out The Table as well... if Green Door and The Table combined it would be awesome. I find the things that are awesome at Green Door are ok at the Table, but certain recipes at the Table (ie, vegetable lasagna) are better than the Green Door. Either way, both are delicious!