Thursday, July 02, 2009

Panini grills are a vegetarian's best friend

As a telecommuter, I do have the benefit of working at home, but it still implies that I have an hour to get lunch heated and eaten. I don't pack a lunch since my office is a 10 step stroll from my kitchen, but it does make lunch time a bit more tedious to prep. I'm not a fan of microwaving everything, although extremely convenient. I prefer the taste and ease of heating my food with a panini press.

It distributes heat on both sides , and gives a nice crispy exterior, with nice char marks. I use it to heat up sandwiches, chimichangas, burritos, faux sausages and veggie burger patties.

My latest use for my grill has been to cook vegetables. It does a great job with bell peppers, zucchinis, mushrooms and asparagus.

For lunch today, I heated up some seasoned home fries and a frozen veggie burger in the same batch. It look 10 minutes to cook everything through and 2 minutes to assemble my plate. Now that's convenient!

No comments: