Friday, April 17, 2009

The Vegetarian Experiment: My First Fully Vegan Friday

I've just completed my first full vegan Friday. It wasn't intentional, it sort of happened that I didn't have eggs or dairy today. I feel pretty good. I did have to eat out twice to be able to do this.

Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
Quick oats with soy milk + vega banana drink & coffee

Apple

Lunch:
Kombucha tea (yum!), raw vegan spring roll and raw vegan veggie maki

Apple, Ginger Soother by the Ginger People

Dinner:
Tempeh burger with a salad
Vegan Carrot Cake and soy-coconut milk latte


Not bad! :)

Maybe this can become a routine!

1 comment:

Tuco said...

I think the trick with going vegan (leaving out the "eating at restaurants" issue) is stocking your cupboards with stuff like egg replacer and Agarve syrup. When you first open up a vegan cookbook and think "where the hell am I going to get all these ingredients" it's intimidating... and then once you've gotten into the habit of having those ingredients, it's pretty easy.