Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yuan Cuisine Creative Vegetarian Restaurant Review

Yuan Cuisine Creative

If you are craving a Chinese / Japanese style menu without risking accidentally injesting meat / fish in sauces, then this place is definitely for you.

As a former Dim-Sum enthusiast, I was extremely surprised as how meaty AND flavor-accurate the vegetarian dumplings where. Served with a black bean sauce, it took me all the way back to those lazy Sunday mornings at Tong Por on de La Gauchetiere.

I was then served the mushroom laden Hot and Sour soup. I prefered their version better than any of the ones I had in my omnivorous days.

I then had from the table d'hote the Veggie Chicken in Peanut Sauce served in a beautiful bento box (pictured here). The faux chicken was bang on, and the sauce, decadent. It was served with a side of short grain brown rice and mung beans. With it, tempura battered and fried seaweed and steam broccoli. The salad and gherkin pickle were a nice touch to cleanse the palate. For desert, I had the pistachio ice, served with the most delicate and ornate golden spoon with little enameled flowers on the tip.

The service was impeccable and the food amazing. I recommend this place for your next vegetarian dining experience.

In the back of the restaurant, you'll find a very well stocked veggie grocery store with countless faux meat and seafood variations.


Telephone: 514-848-0513

400 Sherbrooke Est (St-Denis)
Montréal, QC Canada

Open 7 days a week
11:00am-10:30pm

No comments: