Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mock Duck Review from Paradis Vegetarien Chi-Ming

I promised I would offer my review on the mock meats purchased at Paradis Vegetarien Chi-Ming. I made last weekend the Mock Duck (Seafood Flavor) J&T brand.

The package includes two small "loaves"
or rectangular "nuggets" of orange color and the texture is spongy.

I have to say that pan fried, the texture was actually very pleasant. You could easily make little cutlets that you pan fry for additional texture. The taste reminded me of a mix of fake crab and mushroom. As a meat replacement, I say it's a nice change from the regular tofu/tempeh mix.

The ingredients say that it's gluten, mushroom and seasonings (we're hoping that's meatless...). According to the package, it stores 1 year in the freezer, and 2 months in the fridge.

I would buy this again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what you would pan fry the duck in - olive oil, peanut oil?
How long would you pan fry it for and at what temperature?