Sunday, January 11, 2009

Butternut Squash Gratin with Spinach

I had a spare butternut squash laying around the kitchen counter for a few weeks, so I decided to make a side dish to the lentil soup I was having at lunch time today. It turned out so delicious that I decided to post my recipe. Enjoy!

You'll need:

1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed 1cm
1 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon bbq seasoning
1 tablespoon no salt seasoning ( I like the Kirkland brand - costco)
1 tablespoon olive oil

Heat the oven to 375F. Mix all but half of the parmesan cheese in a 9" square baking dish until evenly coated with the seasonings and oil. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash is tender. Sprinkle the remainders of the parmesan cheese and serve.

Seriously delicious!

No comments: