Thursday, November 06, 2008

Montreal Vegan Restaurant Review: Aux Vivres

Aux Vivres! Oh wow! I just came back from having dinner at Aux Vivres and it was fantastic. I read a lot of reviews raving about the VeggieLox (faux salmon) and the side I had of it tonight lived up to my expectations.

I had the Tofu Dragon Bowl - again, delicious - served with a tahini/peanut sauce. Very filling and satisfying with layers of daikon, sprouts, brown rice, grilled tofu, carrots and greens. For desert, I indulged in a slice of vegan carrot cake. Absolutely decadent, nutty and spicy.

The items on the menu where reasonably priced - with entrees less than $15, the portions very generous and the service was descent, considering the place was jam packed. The crowd also made it fun, an eclectic mix of artsy, healthy, smiling folks.

I'm definitely going back for more!

Aux Vivres
4631 boulevard Saint-Laurent, North of Mont-Royal
Montréal, QC H2T 1R2
(514) 842-3479
HOURS: Tues–Fri noon–midnight;
Sat–Sun 11am–midnight; closed Mondays.

No comments: