Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nutritional Yeast - Now I get it!

Nutritional yeast was one of these weird ingredients I saw in health food stores and didn't quite know how this was used. I made the chimichanga recipe in the The Garden of Vegan book by Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer. The recipe called for marinating a pound of cubed tofu in nutritional yeast, braggs and water for two hours.

When I prepped the ingredients for the recipe, I drained the tofu, readying it to be pan fried. I tasted the marinated tofu.... It was delicious! Omg, what an amazing flavor. I couldn't stop eating the uncooked tofu. Luckily, I was able to make enough of it to make 4 of the 6 chimichangas.... Yum!!!

More benefits to this lovely little seasoning./. It's a great source of B12 and has a nice cheesy, "meaty" flavor. Use it!

The picture for the nutritional yeast was taken from wikipedia.

No comments: