Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time saver home fries with fingerling and sweet potatoes

I've been pretty diligent with my exercise routine these past few months, which means I spend an hour every day working out. I'm not a morning person by any means so I do my workouts in the evening on week days.

I had to come up with some pretty creative ways to eat without resorting to takeout, processed meals or having dinner at 10pm!

I made this side dish tonight to complement my black bean burgers.

You'll need:

-Fingerling potatoes (1 per person)
-Sweet potatoes of similar size as the fingerlings (1 per person)
-Olive oil to brush the potatoes with
-Saltless herbal seasoning
-Smoked paprika
-Salt and pepper

Set oven at 400F. Wash the potatoes under cold water to remove the dirt and tough spots - but do NOT peel them. Poke them with a fork and microwave on high - 2 minutes per potato or until cooked through. Cut each potato into 4 wedges. Place potatoes with skin facing down on a baking sheet lined with parchemin paper. Brush potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs and seasonings. Bake until golden brown - approximatively 8 minutes.

No comments: