Saturday, March 10, 2007

Raspberry Feta Salad

I "invented" this salad a few years ago to accompany a large Easter meal I was making for my family. The menu consisted of Rosemary Cheese Buns, Roasted Rosemary Leg of Lamb, baby potatoes, and this salad.

I eyeball the recipe each time. Feel free to adapt it.

You'll need:
  • 4 cups mesclun (spring baby greens mix - washed thoroughly and dried in the salad spinner)
  • 1 small package of fresh raspberries, washed.
  • 5cm cube of feta cheese, crumbled.
  • 60 ml olive oil
  • 30 ml raspberry vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Lay the greens in a large salad bowl. I have a glass bowl that is not too deep. It makes for a very nice presentation. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the greens and add the raspberries. Mix the olive oil, raspberry vinegar and salt and pepper together vigorously to make an emulsion. Pour over salad and lightly toss.

Serve immediately.

No comments: